Look Younger With This Simple Habit
Thursday, December 15, 2016
Men and women have been doing this for years and you may be doing this regularly too. But are you doing it correctly enough to reap the benefits of youthful skin?!
Applying moisturiser the correct way, boosts hydration in your skin, prevents flaking and dullness and improves the look of lines and wrinkles. Regardless of skin type, everyone should be moisturising daily. The key for youthful results, is identifying if your skin is dry or dehydrated, and ensuring that you're applying the right moisturiser correctly every day.
Watch Tina's YouTube Video below to discover the difference between dry and dehydrated skin, and how you can make your skin look more youthful with daily moisturisation. With a few small tweaks to your skincare routine, you can get through winter without dry, dull and aged looking skin.
Just For You: Our Recommended Youthful Moisturisation Treatment Guide! SEE BELOW...
PLUS FREE Shipping For All Skincare Orders Placed Before Midnight 31st December 2016*
Featured Video: Look Younger With Moisturised Skin
Remember to subscribe to Tina's YouTube Channel to ensure you never miss out on any new videos!
Your Youthful Moisturisation Treatment Guide
If you think you're moisturising correctly, you might be surprised to learn that you could be moisturising better...
1) When To Moisturise:
Morning and evening, after showering, washing your face, exfoliating or after your Tua Tre'nd
or Tua Viso
workout. You want to lock moisture into your skin, so apply your moisturiser when the skin is freshly moist from towel dried skin (patted dry, not rubbed), or when your skin is still moist from using your Tua. The gentle stimulation from your Tua increases circulation, helps minimise puffiness, and ensures that your skin absorbs the most moisturiser it possibly can.
2) Exfoliate Regularly: Exfoliation removes dead skin cells to reveal dewy new skin which will be more receptive to absorbing the key ingredients from your moisturiser. However exfoliation can also strip your skin of natural and essential oils, so it is important to replenish your skin with a good moisturiser afterward.
3) What Moisturiser Should You Use: Look for moisturisers/serums that are targeted at ageing and contain moisturising and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, shea butter, ceramides, niacinamide (vitamin B3) and antioxidants. See our list of recommended moisturisers below. If you're not keen on changing your facial moisturiser, but you need more hydration for winter, you can also try layering moisturising serums or face oils underneath.
4) What's the Order Of Application: The rule of thumb is to start with the thinnest consistency products and work your way up to the heaviest. Serums go on first, followed by oils, then creams. The one exception is sunscreen, which should always be applied last. Wait at least 3-5 minutes before applying the next layer to allow for maximum absorption.
5) How To Apply Moisturiser:
As you age, gravity and facial muscle slackening pull your skin downward, causing sagging, cheeks to flatten and wrinkles. To combat this, Tua Tre'nd or Tua Viso are your best allies as they retrain facial muscles to defy gravity and increase in tone, which results in firmer skin and a more lifted, youthful look. You can also encourage lift and tone by massaging in your moisturiser using upward and outward strokes. Tua Spa
is a fabulous beauty tool for exfoliation and also helps you to effectively apply your moisturiser in an upward lifting motion while increasing penetration of your skincare products at the same time.
6) Use Your Face Moisturiser Here Too: Always apply your facial serums, moisturisers and sunscreen to your neck, back of hands and décolleté too. These areas are prone to show the first signs of ageing so it makes sense to use your targeted anti-ageing facial moisturiser to keep these areas youthful. Standard body moisturiser doesn't contain the concentrated anti-ageing ingredients a targeted face moisturiser does.
Recommended Hydrating Moisturisers For More Youthful Skin:
Image Vital C Hydrating Anti-Ageing Serum 50ml £62.50
- A hydrating serum that incorporates the new technology of oil-soluble Vitamin C with the highest bio-availability to immediately soothe the visible effects of environmentally damaged skin. For all skin types, dry/dehydrated, rosacea and sensitive.
Image Ageless Pure Hyaluronic Filler 29.6g £67.00 -
Unique and pure, highly concentrated and botanically derived hyaluronic acid infused with an apricot essential oil and potent antioxidant Vitamin E. Skin will feel pure hydration in just one application. Younger looking skin instantly. For dry/dehydrated, oily and inflamed skin.
Remember to always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF30 daily, which can serve as your daytime moisturiser. To be applied last after layering other skincare.
For a full list of our recommended moisturisers please visit our website
To place your order and receive FREE shipping on Image Skincare and Retriderm please call us on 0345 434 7990
To a More Youthful You!
Tina Richards Team x